Genesis Sample Child Theme theme is a free theme that comes with the Genesis Framework package. This theme comes with all modern and advanced options of customization. You can customize it easily according to your requirements.
Also its a super SEO friendly theme that means it will help you to boost your site search engine appearance. Genesis Sample theme allows you to build a powerful site with all modern features in just a few clicks. It has also the support of many Genesis premium and free plugins.
The sample theme recently got an update that added the new WordPress visual editor named Gutenberg support. Gutenberg editor allows you to build awesome pages design using its blocks. This theme also supports one-click setup feature that helps you to import the demo content and important plugins automatically in just one click.
Overall, if you don’t have a budget to purchase any child for the Genesis framework and want to use default Genesis look then Genesis sample child theme should be your only choice. Because it’s free and very fast.
Recommended Theme: GeneratePress Premium Theme for WordPress
Main Features of Genesis Sample Child Theme
- Lightweight and clean design
- Easy to setup
- One-click import plugins and Gutenberg blocks
- Atomic blocks plugin support
- Landing page support
- Loads really very fast
- Mobile menu support
- Retina display ready
- Optimized for search engines
- All Schema.org markups
- Clean codes
- Default Genesis Look and feel
- Gutenberg editor support
- Custom logo and favicon upload
- After entry widget section
- Sticky menu bar
- Google AMP support
- Gutenberg block support
- 3 Column footer area
- Both side sidebar support – left and right side sidebar
- eCommerce or WooCommerce ready
- Optimized for Google page speed
- Three layout support with a full-width layout
- Submenu support
- Footer menu area for social media links
- Cross-platform and browser support
- Designed using HTML5 and CSS3
Live Demo/Preview of Genesis Sample Theme v3.3.0 (Latest)
What’s New in Genesis Sample Theme v3.3.0 (Changelog)
- Added CSS to adjust left padding for WordPress 5.4 Social Icons.
- Added Editor styles to ensure theme colors work for inline text colors.
- Added Editor styles for WordPress 5.4 compatibility, including link color, buttons, headings, and lists.
- Updated one-click theme setup content to include WordPress 5.4 button markup.
- Update developer dependencies.
- Removed Unused
- WordPress 5.3 alignment classes added.
- Allows to set post meta on theme activation.
- Support for
genesis-lazy-load-imagesavailable in Genesis 3.2.
Free Download Genesis Sample Child Theme v3.3.0 (Latest)
Note: Genesis framework is required to install the Genesis Sample theme.
Join Our Telegram
Group For more Premium Themes For Free
Most new child theme Developers simply download the free Genesis default theme rather than create their own.
Its easier to modify an existing child theme than create your own.
But what if you want to build your theme using all your own CSS?
Here’s one way to create a child theme where you can add all your own custom styles and custom functions.
Create Genesis Child Theme
1. Create a new folder and name it something like child.
2. Using a code editor, create a new file named style.css and add the following header to the top of the file inside your child folder.
/* Theme Name: Genesis Child Theme Theme URI: http://example.com Description: This is a blank child theme for the Genesis Framework. Author: You Author URI: http://example.com Template: genesis License: GPL-2.0+ License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html */
You’ll notice there’s no styling, so you have 2 choices:
- Load the style sheet from your Genesis parent theme.
- Or add your own CSS to style everything from scratch.
Load Parent Theme Style Sheet
- Using a code editor, Create a new .php file in your child themes root directory.
- Add the following PHP code to the top of the file.