Computer Courses: Students must be cautious while choosing a career. With limited career opportunities, unemployment and competition among young people have increased. Information Technology (IT) is a tremendous growing sector that has gained momentum over the last few years. In today’s world, it is a must to hold some knowledge about computer-related information.
India has gained an overwhelming pace in the field of Information Technology. The IT sector has created maximum job opportunities in the area of computer applications. A student need not master computer application through engineering, Graduation, or Post Graduation. A student can get a job opportunity with a credential or short term or certificate courses in computer applications.
India makes effective use of the internet and computers, and the opportunities are growing at an increasing rate each year. Computer application courses play a vital role and focus on skill development and job orientation.
In this article, I will introduce you to some of the best computer courses that provide adequate career opportunities. You can read through the material and select the classes that fall under your interest.
1. Long Term Offline Courses – In this category we can include opting 4 years of engineering like BCA, Computer Science.
2. Long Term Online Courses – These days there are numerous online computer courses available with a course duration of 1 year or more
3. Short Term Offline Courses – These kinds of courses have a short duration of 2-3 months providing by majority of institutes
4. Short Term Courses – These are the online computer courses available in the form of both videos and pdfs.
- [PDF] ICSE Books and Study Material Subjectwise | ISC Reference Books List
- AP SCERT Books for Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 | Andhra Pradesh SCERT Telugu, Hindi, English, Urdu Medium Text Books
- SCERT Arunachal Pradesh Books 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th class Textbook 2021 SCERT tanagar Books 2021 Download
- Assam State Board Books for Classes 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 | Download School Textbooks Pdf Online for free
List of Computer Courses
Here are a few computer courses that will aid your growth in the IT sector.
- BCA Course Details
- BCA Syllabus
- MCA Course Details
- MCA Syllabus
- Computer Courses
- Pgdca Course
- Advanced Excel Course Details
A course pursued in VFX and Animation enhances your skill in 3D innovation, illustrations, and visual effects. This field has expanded massively and has led to a change in many industries.
- Benefits: While VFX benefits skills in Special effects for TV, Films, Digital media, Ads, TV programs, games, etc., Animation holds importance in rotoscope, character animation, modeling, and digital sculpting.
- Fee: The Fee structure for this course depends on the type of animation and VFX section you chose and the duration of the course. The Fee structure for each varies from one institution to another. However, the Fee can range between INR 1 lakhs to 20 lakhs.
- Institutions: Several private institutions offer extensive courses in VFX and Animation. However, the best of all is the Arena Multimedia.
- Career Opportunities: VFX and Animation provides various opportunities that offer an excellent salary package. The possibilities for VFX and Animation students are Character animators, Motion-graphic artists, Match-moving artists, roto-artists, Texture artists, Pre-vis artists, 3D Modellers, compositors, Storyboard artists, Lighting artists, and Rigging artists.
Top 10 Computer Courses in Demand
- Web Designing Course
- VFX and Animation Course
- Hardware and Networking courses
- Tally Course
- Diploma in IT
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Cyber security courses
- Digital Marketing Course
- Artificial Intelligence Course
- Software and Programming Language courses
- Benefits: Web Designing holds multiple benefits such as Fast-pact low-cost Mobile development, High-conversion rates, Fast webpages, Low maintenance needs, Low bounce rates, Higher mobile traffic, Improved SEO, Improved Online and Offline experiences, and Easier Analytical Reporting.
- Fee: The Fee structure for Web Designing depends on the duration of the course. The fee structure for Web Designing varies from one institute to another. However, the Fee Structure is about INR 50,000 to 15 Lakhs.
- Institution: Numerous private institutes offers courses in Web Designing. The notable institute, among others, is the Arena group of institutes.
- Career Opportunities: Web Designings holds numerous career opportunities. The starting salary offers for Web Designers after the successful completion of the course is around 2 to 6 Lakhs per annum. A student of Web Designing gets opportunities as a Multimedia specialist, Seo specialist, Applications developer, UX designer, Web designer and developer, Web Content manager, etc.
LIST OF BEST COMPUTER COURSES –
1 WEB DESIGNING
There are many private institutes that offers such course. One of the notable institute is Arena group of institutes. The fees varies from institute to institute.
Most of these courses lasts 1 year (professional web designing). After completing it, the student is awarded a diploma certificate in web designing. There are short courses available too (3- 6 months long). But it is better to go for professional web designing (1 year long course).
After completing the course, you may work independently or join a company. Whether you get successful or not depends on your skills.
2 VFX AND ANIMATION
These courses deals with topics like visual effects, animation, 3D technology, graphics etc. Earlier, this course had few takers. But with the increased demand of VFX and Animation professionals, this course has become popular once again.
Again, there are number of good quality private institutes that offer animation course. One of the best among them is Arena Multimedia. The fees varies from institute to institute.
Animation artists and professionals are in much demand in the film industries across the globe. Nowadays, the number of animation movies has increased. People love such movies. Also, the importance of using good visual effects in movies has increased. So graduates of this course can find jobs easily in such film industries. The salary package is also great.
You may also work independently. If you have skills, work will find you automatically! This job is not very simple. It requires lots of hard-work and the animator ha to work for long hours continuously. Select this course only if you are genuinely interested in animation and arts.
3 HARDWARE AND NETWORKING COURSES
Many Indian students are well aware of these courses. Their advertisement keeps appearing on Newspaper and TV every now and then. As they promise, these courses guarantee jobs (if you complete the course from a reputed institute).
When it comes to computer hardware and networking, the most popular institute is Jetking. They have a good placement record. They offer a variety of courses- long and short term. Bright students may also avail scholarships at Jetking.
After finishing this course, you may easily get jobs in various IT industries. If you think you have entrepreneurship in your blood, you may start a small business!
4 SOFTWARE AND PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE COURSES
To develop software, one must learn programming languages like Java, C++ etc. Software developers are in much demand in IT companies. This makes it a great course to pursue.
When it comes to software courses, the best institute in India is NIIT. They have their centers spread all over India. They offer a number of courses- long and short term. Various programming languages are taught at NIITs. They have tie-ups with some big IT companies. They have a great placement record. And NIIT introduces new innovative courses each year.
Tally is an accounting software. Tally courses teach you how to use tally efficiently. Tally is trusted by many big companies and the Government to store and transfer financial statements.
Tally software is updated and it becomes necessary to master the latest version of the software. You may do this course at various private institutes. I recommend to do it from NIIT (they have the latest Tally. ERP 9 software). They offer diploma courses in Finance and Accounting. After finishing the course, you will easily get jobs in private companies.
6 CYBER SECURITY COURSES
Many tasks are done online nowadays. Tasks like banking, paying bills, shopping etc are done online. This is convenient for people. But, at the same time, they are facing huge security threats online. Cyber crimes are increasing day by day.
Cyber security courses are all about methods to ensure safety of people and businesses online. After completing this course, you may get hired as a ‘security specialist’ of the computer systems. You may also work independently as an ethical hacker or security auditor.
With online fraudsters getting smarter, companies are willing to hire efficient cyber security personnel. The salary is also great when it comes to this job.
7 MICROSOFT OFFICE AND TYPING COURSES
This is a very basic and simple course. It is basically meant for person who doesn’t know much about using computers. It covers topics like MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point etc. Also, it is good to learn typing. This will improve typing speed of a person.
After finishing the above course, a person can comfortably take up data entry jobs. These jobs are not highly paying. But still, it is great for housewives and old/retired folks.
8 DIPLOMA IN IT
Students who have passed 10th standard are eligible to pursue this 3 years long Diploma course. This course can also be pursued after completing 12th Science stream (with Mathematics subject).
Though the course duration is pretty long, the course is quite valuable. Those who are interested in building a career in the IT sector may give this course a go! If you are willing to spend 3 years and acquire sound IT skills, going for Diploma in IT course will be much better than other IT certificate courses.
After completing this Diploma course, one may go for Bachelor’s (Engineering) Degree by making use of the lateral entry. Diploma in IT holders may secure admission directly in the 2nd year of Degree Engineering program!
Some notable alternative courses include- Certificate in IT and Diploma in IT System Management.
9 DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Like the above entry, this one also is a traditional Diploma course. The course duration is 3 years. 10th passed students are eligible to pursue this course. It is the minimum educational qualification required. It can also be pursued by 12th passed science stream (mathematics group) students.
The course covers topics like software, hardware, computer application and programming. If you are willing to spend 3 years, this course will give you good software and programming skills.
After completing this Diploma course, one may go for Bachelor’s (Engineering) Degree by making use of the lateral entry. Diploma in Computer Science holders may secure admission directly in the 2nd year of Degree Engineering program!
Some notable alternative courses include- Certificate in Computer Application, Diploma in Computer Software Technology, Diploma in Advanced Software Technology and Diploma in Hardware and Network Engineering.
10 DATA ENTRY OPERATOR COURSE
This course will hone one’s typing skills and general data entry skills. Not a high profile course, but it will help one acquire entry level typing and office jobs. This course especially suits those who don’t have advanced knowledge about computers.
Course duration may vary from one institute to another. Generally it is 6 months long. Candidates belonging to any stream – arts, commerce or science – are eligible to pursue data entry training programs.
11 COMPUTER HARDWARE MAINTENANCE
Those who are not too keen about software may pursue this course. Hardware maintenance course focuses primarily on computer hardware components, common problems arising in them and repair work related to them.
Students are given knowledge about common hardware components like printer, monitor, mouse etc. They are trained to carry out repair work related to computer hardware. If you are interested in networking, there are combination courses covering both hardware and networking topics.
Software and Programming languages help an individual to develop programs. To better oneself, one must know programming languages such as Java C++, Python, etc. This is an excellent course that seeks great demand in the IT sector.
- Benefits: This course provides simple editing and the creation of text editors. It adds interactive and dynamics to the webpages. It offers better and faster programming or coding sections and helps in better performance of complex tasks.
- Fee: The Fee Structure for Software and Programming Languages depend on the language chosen and the duration of the level of the course. However, the fee structure ranges from INR 2000 to 50,000.
- Institutions: The Best Institution for software and language programming courses in India is NIIT. They provide various programming languages and offer multiple short and long-term courses. They have numerous centers in different parts of the country and have excellent placement opportunities.
- Career Opportunities: Software and Language Programming offers vast career opportunities. The starting salary for this course is around 15,000 to 1 lakh per month, anywhere.
This course offers careers as Software engineers for electronic product manufacturing companies or computer systems design firms. It also provides opportunities in application development offices, software publishing firms.
Most Hardware and Network-based computer courses get a lot of publicity through Ads in TV and Newspapers, as a reassurance for a reliable job career. As promised in their Ads, these courses from a validated institution guarantee job opportunities.
- Benefits: Hardware and Networking provide fast-pacing technology in the field of computer application. Numerous industries offer different techniques that increase and improve their products through low-cost maintenance, which is achieved through this course.
- Fee: The Hardware and Networking courses offer a Fee structure that depends on the duration of the course. However, the Fee structure ranges between INR 30,000 to 1.2 lakhs.
- Institutions: The most notable institution for hardware and Networking course is Jenkins. This institution offers an array of long and short-term courses and has an excellent placement record.
- Career Opportunities: In India, a fresher from this course is offered a salary package of 3 or 3.5 lacs per annum. A graduate from this course gets an opportunity in Information Technology (IT) sector, call centers, software companies, system design companies, or even in banks, hospitals, schools, organizations, etc.
A tally is a book-programming software that provides effective utilization of count. Tally holds trust by the Government and other multiple companies to move and store budgets.
- Benefits: Tally holds many benefits such as smart budget maintenance, remote and global access to data, support of multiple languages, Data security and reliability, simple tax return fillings, audit tool, and easy payroll.
- Fee: The Fee structure for Tally depends on the duration of the course. However, the Fee structure ranges between INR 3,000 to 8,000.
- Institutions: Tally software holds grave importance to master any latest software versions. Many private institutions offer Tally courses, but the most recommended is from NIIT. They offer credential courses in Finance and Marketing and Have been updated with the latest Tally. ERP 9 software.
- Career Opportunities: The starting salary offered for any Tally-related courses is around 1.4 to 2 lakhs per annum. After you pursue any course in Tally, you become eligible to work as Audit Executive, Admin Executive, Account Executive or Manager, Senior Accountant, and Financial Analyst.
The present-day activities provide online or web assignments such as shopping, covering tabs, banking, etc. As it holds enormous advantages, it also leads to security breaches and dangers on the internet. The present world sees multiplying digital violations.
- Benefits: Cybersecurity courses have a high demand and have unlimited potential for growth. It has a positive impact and boosts the daily advancements in technology. It helps in the learning of new methods and skills to aids to outwit cybercriminals.
- Fee: The Fee structure for Cybersec depending on the type of cybersecurity-related work and the duration of the course. However, the Fee structure ranges between INR 30,000 to 80,000.
- Career Opportunities: The starting salary for a graduate from any Cybersecurity course is offered around 10 to 15 lakhs per annum. This course provides job opportunities as a Cybersecurity analyst, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Network Engineer, and Cyber Security Manager.
These are a few courses that you must pursue to get a secure job opportunity. Information Technology has revolutionized the world and has changed our way of living. Through this article, make use of the opportunity to progress in life.
FAQ’s On Computer Courses
While Animation holds importance in rotoscope, character animation, modeling, and digital sculpting, VFX benefits skills in Special effects for TV, Films, Digital media, Ads, TV programs, games, etc.
The average salary package for computer course graduates ranges between INR 30,000 to INR 3,00,000.
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai, is one of the top universities to pursue Cybersecurity courses in India.
A few well-paid career opportunities are Application analyst, Application developer, Cybersecurity analyst, Data analyst, Database administrator, Forensic computer analyst, Game designer, Games developer, etc.