Entering an international school has its many perks. Students get to experience and appreciate diversity in culture. They get to socialize and learn new things that promote personal growth. They face endless opportunities that may serve as their stepping stone to future success. These are just a few of the benefits, and the list goes on, which is why more parents are getting their interests piqued and the number of international schools all around the world continues to rise.
Choosing a school for your child is not an easy feat. There are a lot of things you need to consider to make sure you’re setting up your child for success. If you’re considering Gems International School- Al Khail for your child, here are a few key criteria to remember:
- Authenticity. If you want your child to experience what international schools have to offer, then you need to make sure that you enroll them in an authentic one. Many schools claim to be international, yet they are not. So as a parent, you need to do your due diligence to make sure you’re choosing the right one.
What does being authentic mean? Does it mean having a curriculum that is internationally recognized? Does it mean developing programs that emphasize learning language diversity? Asking these questions and more will give you an inkling of how truly international the school is.
- Academic success. This is an important criterion to consider when choosing an international school for your child as you’re setting them up for success as well. It is good to choose a model that shows a high percentage of success in terms of test scores or diploma results.
- How do you determine this? What should you be looking at? The test scores of previous students. Learning this data will give you an idea of how successful the students have been and how they’re performing and competing with other countries globally. You can also ask about what alumni have to say. Some schools interview their alumni to share their insights.
- Global networks. Networking is very important in any field. It opens opportunities. It builds relationships. It creates connections that fast-track success. If a school has great global networks, it enables its students to connect with like-minded people all around the world. It allows them to partake in several exercises that develop their viewpoints. By making great connections locally and internationally, children can build self-confidence as well as broaden their knowledge.
- Dedicated teachers. Schools employ local and international teachers to make sure students are being taught a variety of values as well as exposed to life experiences. These teachers specialize in certain fields and have advanced degrees. They serve as models to their students who need to learn and develop the right values.
But apart from being intellectually equipped, they too should be dedicated to teaching their students. This may mean paying attention to each student, doing extra tutoring tasks outside of class, organizing smaller classes with customized lessons, etc.
- Superb facilities. A school equipped with excellent facilities is a great learning ground. It promotes learning and inspires students to interact and collaborate while using the resources available. When they’re in a great environment equipped with age-appropriate facilities, they will experience exceptional educational experiences.
What facilities should you be looking for? This may differ according to your kid’s age, but the common ones to expect are playgrounds, sports halls, pools, auditoriums, and libraries. All these facilities could lead to your child’s self-discovery of special interests.
- Well-developed programs. Every child has their strengths and weaknesses, so if you want your child to excel in the things they’re good at, choose a school that has well-developed programs. This means they’re prepared with a variety of programs that would cater to every child’s needs.
The school and its faculty should be able to provide each child with a program that would help them develop their skills as well as discover new ones that they could be passionate about. They should be able to help each student progress from simply a novice to becoming an expert.
- Customized learning curriculum. Every student is different when it comes to learning or absorbing information, whether in school or regular setups.Some students learn better visually while others learn better auditory. Some have better retention while others need to strive harder.
This is why a customized learning curriculum is an important criterion when choosing schools. When each curriculum is customized for each student, the rate of success is higher because they are learning based on their strengths and capabilities.
- Language diversity. Some schools have faculty members who teach two languages, while others have three or even more. It’s up to you to decide what’s best for your child or what they need right now. But what’s important is the school can present classes where your child can learn an extra foreign language to equip them for their future endeavors.
- Extracurricular activities. Extra is always good, especially when it comes to education. There’s no limit to what a student can learn, especially when presented with opportunities. A good international school does not only stick to the curriculum but offers more beyond that. Extracurricular activities could include traveling abroad or joining forces with well-known organizations.
About The Author
Join Telegram:- Click Here