How To Change Windows 11 Virtual Memory Size: Virtual memory is a critical component that allows you to remove and store less often used changed pages from RAM to the hard drive. Your PC will prioritize RAM for the processes you use the most with this functionality enabled.
This will help your computer run faster. Your system will not run out of memory if you use this option. It is not difficult to change the virtual memory size in Windows 11, and you may do so quickly. This article will help you in changing the size of virtual memory in Windows 11.
Read More: Download SonyLiv Premium Apk Download
What Is Virtual Memory?
If you exhaust all of your system’s RAM, Virtual memory which is also known as a swap or paging file will be used to give a temporary expansion of the Memory. Your system’s virtual memory does this by effectively expanding your RAM by utilizing a portion of your hard drive’s space. As a result, this virtual memory is very handy. It enables your system to manage more data and run more programs than before.
Let’s discuss how you can change the virtual memory size in Windows 11.
Also Read: Voot Premium Account Free
Windows All Version Keys & Premium Theme
- Windows 11 Product Keys 100% Working Activation
- Free Windows 10 Activation Keys
- How to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro Using an OEM Key
- How To Change Windows 11 Virtual Memory Size
- Windows 11 Themes and Skins to Download
- Download Disney+ For Windows 11
Change The Virtual Memory Size in Windows 11
As we have already discussed how crucial virtual memory can be, let’s discuss how you can change its size. Given below are the steps mentioned to help you change the virtual memory size in Windows 11.
- Open the setting of your PC. You can do this by searching for settings in the start menu and then opening it, or you can press the Windows + I combo to open the settings.
- Make sure you’re in the settings system section. Open the system section from the left sidebar if you aren’t already there.
- Now in the System section, click on about, and then click on advanced system settings. This will lead you to an advanced tab in the system properties.
- Click on settings under the performance. This will open performance options.
- Now go to the advanced tab in the performance options.
- The virtual memory section is located here. Under virtual memory, select the Change option.
- By default, automatically manage paging file size for all drives option will be selected. Uncheck it.
- Now, select the partition, and then select the custom size option.
- Now specify the initial size as well as the maximum size in MB. Once done, click on set. Click on OK to close the window.
- After doing so, restart your system to apply the changes.
Virtual memory size is unique for all devices, and it cannot be generalized. One must use one and half times the total memory available for the initial size. Whereas, for the maximum size, one must use three times the memory available for it.
After doing so, the performance of your PC will increase. This will allow RAM to store apps you work on frequently, whereas storing the lesser-used apps in virtual memory.
Virtual RAM Memory Windows 11
Moreover, you can anytime revert the changes whenever you want to. All you have to do is, follow the above steps again, and “tick” the automatically manage paging file size for all drives, which you previously unchecked, and then restart your device.
Even if you have a lot of system memory, it’s not a good idea to disable virtual memory in Windows 11. When you disable the paging file, some applications may stop operating, some system features may fail to function properly, and you may see strange behavior.
Visit the following articles for more helpful guides and answers to frequently asked questions about Windows 11:
Now, since used the SmartPhone is thought to be in a lot of places, while Blogging could be that much used. Almost all blogging platforms have their own mobile app. So let us know which are such important apps that you can use for blogging from SmartPhone. So without delay let’s start.
That concludes the method for expanding virtual memory size in Windows 11. If your PC’s performance is poor, you can alter the virtual memory size in Windows 11. This will undoubtedly aid in improving your PC’s performance.